We are assembling a statewide pep squad of student leaders to help us engage students, parents, teachers, administrators and community members in this uplifting movement to celebrate and support all kinds of teens on the verge of greatness! This team will
- formulate a strategy to engage as many schools, teachers, student groups, parent groups and local businesses as possible in the movement
- develop requirements for communication tools that will capture the attention of students assembled in schools and at school events
- create and lead a network of student leaders from across the state to serve as point people for their schools for bi-directional dissemination of information, sharing of best practices, and identification of inspirational and entertaining stories
We are also hiring an internal team of teenage content creators to capture and share the excitement surrounding the movement and create additional entertaining and educational content to be shared with schools and published on thevergeawards.com, YouTube and across social media.
This content creation team will be comprised of:
- social media team - develop a social media strategy as a team and publish content
- writers - social media to long form storytelling content
- visual and multimedia artists
- on-camera correspondents
- videographers, video editors, audio producers
and will be asked to:
- develop a content strategy
- generate topic ideas that appeal to your teen counterparts
- create written and/or visual content around those ideas
- distribute that information across social media and multiple channels
- create a blog/vlog and/or newsletter and encourage subscribers
This will require participation in two (2) in person, day-long strategy and working sessions January 11-12th (location TBD), and in-person team sessions as needed on Saturdays or Sundays through April 23rd; there will also likely be ongoing individual assignments to be completed independently but as a contributing member of a team.
$12/hr for in-person meetings and the same or project based fees for individual assignments.
We will also cover costs for transportation and provide all meals whenever we assemble.